content fill asp page while it loads

the G

I've got an asp page which scans a range of IP addresses and printes the
response to screen.
I've tried loads of methods and ended up with using javascript innerHTML to
try and fill the content

What I'd like is the value to return instantly rather than wait until the
routine has completed and return ALL the results.
if i'm pinging a big range of addresses the page usually times out......
I thought if I could build the page dynamically, one result at a time, the
timeout error wouldn't happen - and users would see that something is
actually happening!!!

Part of the code:

aIP(0)=startaddress
aIP(1)=endaddress
for i = 0 to 1
aIP(i) = Split(aIP(i),".")
Next
if Ubound(aIP) = 0 Then aIP(1) = aIP(0)
for i1 = aIP(0)(0) to aIP(1)(0)
for i2 = aIP(0)(1) to aIP(1)(1)
for i3 = aIP(0)(2) to aIP(1)(2)
for i4 = aIP(0)(3) to aIP(1)(3)
vstrHTML = "<p>" & IsConnectible(i1 & "." & i2 & "." & i3 & "." &
i4) & "</p>"
%>
<script>
var strHTML = "<% =vstrHTML %>"