content fill asp page while it loads

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by the G, Aug 2, 2005.

  1. the G

    the G Guest

    I've got an asp page which scans a range of IP addresses and printes the
    response to screen.
    I've tried loads of methods and ended up with using javascript innerHTML to
    try and fill the content

    What I'd like is the value to return instantly rather than wait until the
    routine has completed and return ALL the results.
    if i'm pinging a big range of addresses the page usually times out......
    I thought if I could build the page dynamically, one result at a time, the
    timeout error wouldn't happen - and users would see that something is
    actually happening!!!

    Part of the code:

    aIP(0)=startaddress
    aIP(1)=endaddress
    for i = 0 to 1
    aIP(i) = Split(aIP(i),".")
    Next
    if Ubound(aIP) = 0 Then aIP(1) = aIP(0)
    for i1 = aIP(0)(0) to aIP(1)(0)
    for i2 = aIP(0)(1) to aIP(1)(1)
    for i3 = aIP(0)(2) to aIP(1)(2)
    for i4 = aIP(0)(3) to aIP(1)(3)
    vstrHTML = "<p>" & IsConnectible(i1 & "." & i2 & "." & i3 & "." &
    i4) & "</p>"
    %>
    <script>
    var strHTML = "<% =vstrHTML %>"