Content from a memo field: converting the rich text into plain text

Alfredo Agosti

Hi folks,
I have an Access 2000 db with a memo field.
Into the memo field I put text with bold attributes, URL etc etc

What I need to to is converting the rich text contained into the memo
field in plain text.
That's because I truncate the string text but if, when I truncate it
there's a rich tag the code following the truncated string is corrupted.

Don't know if it's clear enough.

Just to summarize:

1) memo field cointaining rich text
2) I need to transform it in plain text

Thanks in advance
Paolo

Alfredo Agosti

Thanks but it couldn't help.
I need exactly the opposite.
I have formatted (rich text or rtf text I don't know) text and I would
convert it into plain text.

But a text field can't contain bold reference so it must exist a way to
strip the formatting codes from a memo field...

James

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You could either (a) strip the references before storing them in the first
place; (b) write a script that will remove the references from the database;
or (c) use server.HTMLEncode() if you mean HTML and not rtf.