    Sounds like an FAQ, but I haven't been able to find it.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Sam
    Sam Takoy, Aug 25, 2010

  2. Sam Takoy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > Sam Takoy wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm familiar with iframe, but I am looking for something different.
    > >
    > > Is it possible for the content of a div to come from another source
    > > something along the lines of

    > > Sounds like an FAQ, but I haven't been able to find it.
    > >
    > > Many thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Sam

    > It's totally unclear what you want to do.

    Is it *totally* unclear? He wants what appears on a web page
    elsewhere to fill some bit of his page.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 25, 2010

  3. Sam Takoy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > dorayme wrote:
    > > In article<>,
    > > Ed Mullen<> wrote:

    > >> It's totally unclear what you want to do.

    > > Is it *totally* unclear? He wants what appears on a web page
    > > elsewhere to fill some bit of his page.
    > >

    > >> However, how about
    > >> server-side includes via PHP or something like it?

    > No, he didn't say that. That /might/ be what he wants but he didn't say
    > that. "url" might be a source that is not public. Could be some source
    > on his server that is not linked to, nor appears anywhere else publicly.
    > I don't know because he didn't say specifically.

    He did not say how I paraphrased? That's what a paraphrase does,
    it *guarantees* its own *inaccuracy* as a literal transcription.

    And besides, why are you suggesting that my "elsewhere" literally
    means miles? Why don't you suppose it is simply "anywhere but in
    the present url"

    Why is everyone arguing with me over everything. I am not used to
    being contradicted and when I become ruler of the world, this
    will, believe me, stop. <g>

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 25, 2010
  4. Sam Takoy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > By the way, given the time zone differences, shouldn't you be at work
    > and I be in bed? Hmm, ok, maybe not just yet ... but soon!

    I am at work, in my own office, in my own business and that is
    why I can mess with you lot anytime I please.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 25, 2010
  5. Sam Takoy

    dorayme Guest

    In article <>,
    Ed Mullen <> wrote:

    > >> Could be some source
    > >> on his server that is not linked to, nor appears anywhere else publicly.
    > >> I don't know because he didn't say specifically.

    > > ... why are you suggesting that my "elsewhere" literally
    > > means miles? Why don't you suppose it is simply "anywhere but in
    > > the present url"
    > >

    > Miles? Elsewhere? Ok, I'm now officially confused.

    OK.

    I said elsewhere meaning not on his page, this does not exclude
    his own computer his own computer.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Aug 25, 2010
  6. Sam Takoy

    Mike S Guest

    On 8/24/2010 8:53 PM, dorayme wrote:

    >>> ... why are you suggesting that my "elsewhere" literally
    >>> means miles? Why don't you suppose it is simply "anywhere but in
    >>> the present url"
    >>>

    >> Miles? Elsewhere? Ok, I'm now officially confused.

    > OK.
    >
    > I said elsewhere meaning not on his page, this does not exclude
    > his own computer his own computer.

    Where's Donald Rumsfeld when we need him, I'm thinking about unknown
    unknowns.
    Mike S, Aug 25, 2010