    I seem to recall something about XHTM settings here? Has anyone
    experienced this error & solved it?

    , Apr 14, 2007

  2. That error is usually shown when you insert text or markup inside asp or
    html elements that doesn't allow content.

    for example the asp:label control: <asp:label ID="label1" runat="server"
    Text="Hi"></asp:label>.
    If you try to put the "Hi" text whitin the <asp:label> tag, you'll get that
    error.

    'Hans Olav.

    Hans Olav Stjernholm, Apr 14, 2007

    On Apr 15, 5:59 am, "Hans Olav Stjernholm" <> wrote:
    > That error is usually shown when you insert text or markup inside asp or
    > html elements that doesn't allow content.
    >
    > for example the asp:label control: <asp:label ID="label1" runat="server"
    > Text="Hi"></asp:label>.
    > If you try to put the "Hi" text whitin the <asp:label> tag, you'll get that
    > error.
    >
    > 'Hans Olav.
    >
    > <> wrote in message

    > >I get "content is not allowed between the opening and closing tags" in
    > > the visual studio 2005 IDE in relation to a Telerik RadTabstrip
    > > control, when I switch from design to source view. I cant switch back
    > > to design view from source view - I get the error "Cannot switch to
    > > Design View because of errors on the page.

    > > I seem to recall something about XHTM settings here? Has anyone
    > > experienced this error & solved it?- Hide quoted text -

    No that is not the problem. Iwish it were that simple. This is a
    standard placement of the Telerik RadTabscrip control onto a asp.net
    user control.

    , Apr 15, 2007