    too.

    Thanks in advance!

    -Andrew

    awilson, Jun 11, 2007

  2. "awilson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have been looking at a variety of different solutions for creating
    > dynamic content on a web page that is managed by a client remotely. I
    > had seen a bunch of software that work well if you use their solution
    > only, but most often it's way over kill for what I actually need... or
    > it's so expensive I just can't afford the investment.
    >
    > I thought maybe folks here would have experience with this problem,
    > and maybe recommendations on potential solutions / strategies. If
    > something worked out well for you, I'd love to hear about it. If
    > something didn't work out so well for you, I'd love to hear about that
    > too.

    Hi Andrew

    Look at the following thread, maybe it is what you can use as a CMS :)
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr....aspnet/browse_thread/thread/cbf348ecc8c576c2

    Cheers

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 11, 2007

  3. awilson

    awilson Guest

    On Jun 11, 3:33 pm, "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote:
    > "awilson" <> wrote in message

    > >I have been looking at a variety of different solutions for creating
    > > dynamic content on a web page that is managed by a client remotely. I
    > > had seen a bunch of software that work well if you use their solution
    > > only, but most often it's way over kill for what I actually need... or
    > > it's so expensive I just can't afford the investment.

    > > I thought maybe folks here would have experience with this problem,
    > > and maybe recommendations on potential solutions / strategies. If
    > > something worked out well for you, I'd love to hear about it. If
    > > something didn't work out so well for you, I'd love to hear about that
    > > too.

    > Hi Andrew
    >
    > Look at the following thread, maybe it is what you can use as a CMS :)http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspn...
    >
    > Cheers

    Alexy,

    Thanks for the link. I have looked into the usage of wikis and blogs
    to manage content, but I don't feel those features are as flexible as
    a CMS solution. What would I do for supporting graphic maintenance?
    How would I edit a page that might have 3-4 different content areas?

    I am trying to take into consideration how the user is going to
    maintain this information post fact. Blog / Wiki editing seems very
    linear, where as a page's layout is more dynamic. Maybe that is not a
    requirement I should be overly concerned with, but I am a fan of
    inline editing.

    awilson, Jun 12, 2007