Content Management System - have serious ASP programmers contemplated using out the box solutions?

Guest

Do any of the ASP programmers on this form utitlize ASP Content Management
Systems for any of their customer (or own sites). If so, I would be grateful
for any feedback and thoughts on using CMS in a hybrid static or asp web
page environment. We are reaching the point where our site content and
format is chaning too rapidly to be able to deploy custom asp applications
quickly enough or smoothly enough.

If this is too off-topic could someone advise a robust discussion forum
where I could pose this question?

Additionaly, I am considering this product
http://www.globalscape.com/purecms/ and was wondering if anyone had
successfully used this product.

Many thanks
Jason

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

Also consider Sharepoint from Microsoft. It even integrates with file system
and Office suite.

Guest

But, is sharepoint not a backend office user system...it does not appear to
offer front-end integration for the website visitor as well eg: visitor
regisistration and login.

- Jason

Jeff Cochran

But, is sharepoint not a backend office user system...it does not appear to
offer front-end integration for the website visitor as well eg: visitor
regisistration and login.

You asked about a content management system, you didn't specify
front-end requirements. If you have specs that you need to meet, then
search through CMS programs until you find those that meet your specs.

Jeff