Content Management

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Andrew Robinson, Jul 5, 2006.

  1. Can anyone point me in the direction of a reasonable content management
    package that plays nicely with ASP.NET? We have a couple of corporate sites
    that have about 100 pages and looking for a way that our art staff can post
    HTML based pages for events, monthly department reports etc. These are
    public web sites. I don't think that something like Share Point is a viable
    solution since the pages will need a lot of artistic input and control and
    are for the most part every page is quite unique.

    1. Mainly looking for something that will work along side of our mostly
    static web site that is written in .NET.
    2. Doesn't require that our art staff learn to program or work with Visual
    Studio but assumes that they can output HTML, GIFs, JPGs and CSS with a high
    level of confidence.
    3. Doesn't require that our programming staff be involve with daily updates
    or the posting of information from #2.

    Is Microsoft Content Server still a viable option? I have never worked with
    it and it seems a bit dated.

    Or is this something that I will have to develop myself?

    thanks,

    Andy

    Andrew Robinson, Jul 5, 2006

  2. Content Management Server is a very viable option. I have worked with it a
    great deal. In fact, I advocate it above other content management packages.
    VS integrates with it very well. .Net works nicely with it.

    I can't see where you'd go wrong with it.

    --
    -Demetri

    =?Utf-8?B?RGVtZXRyaQ==?=, Jul 5, 2006

  3. You might want to investigate DotNetNuke. One major advantage is that it's
    free (open source)
    www.dotnetnuke.com

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jul 5, 2006
  4. Just note that Content Management Server will be replaced with the new
    SharePoint Server 2007.
    --
    Christopher A. Reed

    Christopher Reed, Jul 18, 2006