Content management

JJ

Firstly, I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question - this area is
all new to me. If anyone can point me (politely) to a useful site I would
very much appreciate it.

I've built a web site utilising web parts and custom controls, and the
ability for an administrator to edit text etc on certain pages. The site
uses SQL 2005.

I want to be able to move to the next step and allow the administrator to
add/remove pages. I can see how I could load simple pages with a generic
'/showpage.aspx?ID=123' url which loads textual content, but I am not sure
how I could allow the user to add my custom controls to the database
generated page, nor how to deal with personalisation of the webparts.

Could anyone point me to some useful resources (I have googled this but
found lots of examples on how to generate the basic pages)

Be gentle...

Thanks,
JJ

JJ

Just a thought:

If I added controls to the page by using something like:
PanelRight.Controls.Add(UserControl);

(- based on whether that page has had the control added by admin and
therefore had relevent flags set in its database record)

And then used URL re-writing so that '/showpage.aspx?ID=123' appeared as
'/About.aspx'...

- would that mean that if a user/adminstrator edited the webparts on that
page, that the personalisation would treat the page as '/About.aspx' and not
'/showpage.aspx' ?

In other words does URL rewrting allow you to use web parts and
personalisation with database based pages as you can do with 'hard coded'
pages...?

eerrr HELP!

JJ

JJ

Thanks John,

I have looked at that and it was a great help with other things.
Unfortunately it doesn't help with adding pages dynamically, or therefore
adding user controls to those dynamically created pages.