Content Page ajax

Miro

is there a way to refresh just the content page part of a master/content
page aspx?

example: my master page contains a menu that will never ever change.
It contains a footer that will never ever change.

So when I click on a menu...I just want to refresh the content page.

How would I go about setting something like this up?
(or can i )

I have played with refreshing textboxes and stuff with ajax, but I just cant
seem to google up something that a whole content page can be refreshed. (
unless I am assuming I use one aspx page with a panel or something)

Miro

Guest

is there a way to refresh just the content page part of a master/content
page aspx?

example:  my master page contains a menu that will never ever change.
It contains a footer that will never ever change.

So when I click on a menu...I just want to refresh the content page.

How would I go about setting something like this up?
(or can i )

I have played with refreshing textboxes and stuff with ajax, but I just cant
seem to google up something that a whole content page can be refreshed. (
unless I am assuming I use one aspx page with a panel or something)

Miro

You can try to use UpdatePanel control. In this scenario, the content
page will contain UpdatePanel and ScriptManager (alternatively, you
can put the ScriptManager control on master page). See example of
calendar control inside the UpdatePanel control.

http://www.asp.net/AJAX/documentation/live/Samples/UpdatePanelTutorialIntro9/cs/Default.aspx

Hope this helps

Miro

Yes - I have thought of this as well.