    seem to google up something that a whole content page can be refreshed. (
    unless I am assuming I use one aspx page with a panel or something)

    Miro

    Miro, Feb 5, 2010

  2. On Feb 5, 9:14 pm, "Miro" <> wrote:
    > is there a way to refresh just the content page part of a master/content
    > page aspx?
    >
    > example:  my master page contains a menu that will never ever change.
    > It contains a footer that will never ever change.
    >
    > So when I click on a menu...I just want to refresh the content page.
    >
    > How would I go about setting something like this up?
    > (or can i )
    >
    > I have played with refreshing textboxes and stuff with ajax, but I just cant
    > seem to google up something that a whole content page can be refreshed. (
    > unless I am assuming I use one aspx page with a panel or something)
    >
    > Miro

    You can try to use UpdatePanel control. In this scenario, the content
    page will contain UpdatePanel and ScriptManager (alternatively, you
    can put the ScriptManager control on master page). See example of
    calendar control inside the UpdatePanel control.

    http://www.asp.net/AJAX/documentation/live/Samples/UpdatePanelTutorialIntro9/cs/Default.aspx

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Feb 5, 2010

  3. Miro