    Once the Content Place Holder control has the with that I want, I don't want
    it to change even if the browser is resized.

    Is it possible to accomplish this?

    Rene, Nov 17, 2006

  2. As far as I know, ContentPlaceHolder is just that - a placeholder for what
    you decide to put in it. You determine the size via the CSS properties of the
    containing DIV or PANEL that you eventually attach to it.
    Peter

    http://www.eggheadcafe.com
    UnBlog:
    http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 17, 2006

  3. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Thanks Peter,

    I started doing what you suggested and its working nicely, the only thing
    that I don't like is that I have to basically use a Panel or Div on every
    single page that uses the master page, this seems to defeat the purpose of
    the master page.

    If I was able to resize and set some properties (alignment, back color etc)
    on the ContentPlaceHolder control, then I wouldn't need to add a Panel or
    Div on each of the page that uses the master page, I could simply start
    inserting controls straight up on the page... Oh well, no big deal.

    I am still new to ASP so maybe I can do what I want using CSS like you
    suggested and don't have to worry about setting Div or Panel properties ....
    time to research some more.

    Thanks.

    Rene, Nov 17, 2006
  4. Can't you put a default Panel or div with the properties you want into the
    MasterPage, and have the Content control inside it, for the actual page to
    "fill in"?

    =?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?=, Nov 17, 2006
  5. Rene

    Rene Guest

    Good idea but it didn't appear to work, for now its ok, I just want to get
    the website done and then tweak it as I learn more about ASP.

    Thanks for the help.

    Rene, Nov 17, 2006
  6. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Messages:
    11
    dsadasdasdasdasd

    adasdasd
    asd
    as
    asd
    sdasd

    asdasdasdasdasd

    , Aug 31, 2012
  7. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Messages:
    11
    jgghgfhgf111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

    , Aug 31, 2012
  8. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Messages:
    11
    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

    , Aug 31, 2012
  9. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Messages:

    , Aug 31, 2012
  10. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012
    Messages:
    11
    ppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

    , Aug 31, 2012

  12. Rene

    Joined:
    Aug 31, 2012