    recieve an error. "

    Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
    Many thanks.
    T.J., Apr 30, 2005

    http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Apr 30, 2005

  3. T.J.

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 18:37:48 +0100, "T.J." <> wrote:

    : I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
    : else's content.

    Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

    Sid
    Sid Ismail, Apr 30, 2005
  4. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > T.J. wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >> I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
    >> else's content...
    >> Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
    >> Many thanks.

    > http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp
    >
    > --
    > -=tn=-

    Thank you,
    that appears to show how to make frames, what I
    want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?
    T.J., Apr 30, 2005
  5. T.J.

    Dylan Parry Guest

    T.J. wrote:

    > These are the instructions they have given me ,

    <snip/>

    Where did these instructions come from?

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Apr 30, 2005
  6. On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:43:48 +0100, T.J. <> wrote:

    > "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> T.J. wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
    >>> else's content...
    >>> Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
    >>> Many thanks.

    >> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp
    >>

    > Thank you,
    > that appears to show how to make frames, what I
    > want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

    Assuming the other party authorizes you to carry their content in one of
    your frames, what you do is:
    - set up a frameset,
    - give the frame you want to display the third party page in, a useful
    name,
    - put a link in one of your own pages, to the page having the content,
    - use the target attribute with that link to designate the page to the
    proper frame in your frameset.

    <http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#adef-target>

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 30, 2005
  7. T.J. wrote:

    >> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

    > that appears to show how to make frames, what I
    > want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

    The entire point of frames is to mix content from multiple URLs. You use the
    URL of their content.

    .... or you get them to provide there content in a format, such as RSS, that
    you can server parse and include directly, thus avoiding the many
    http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Problems_with_using_frames

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is
    David Dorward, Apr 30, 2005
  8. Sid Ismail wrote:
    > : I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
    > : else's content.
    > Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

    The other people seem to want their content in the frame, they did give
    instructions for doing so.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, Apr 30, 2005
  9. T.J.

    T.J. Guest

    "David Dorward" <> wrote in message
    > T.J. wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_frames.asp

    >> that appears to show how to make frames, what I
    >> want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

    > The entire point of frames is to mix content from multiple URLs. You use
    > the
    > URL of their content.
    >
    > ... or you get them to provide there content in a format, such as RSS,
    > that
    > you can server parse and include directly, thus avoiding the many
    > http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Problems_with_using_frames

    I think I need to try to explain more about what I am trying to do.
    I have to create a template page, within that template page I
    have to have a section where their content goes, they then pull
    my template and put their content in it.
    The problem is they say I have to

    "Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
    tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
    our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
    recieve an error. "

    Creating a frame is no problem, but
    I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
    or how to get their content in to the frame.
    T.J., Apr 30, 2005
  10. On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:41:26 +0100, T.J. <> wrote:

    > The problem is they say I have to
    >
    > "Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
    > tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
    > our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
    > recieve an error. "
    >
    > Creating a frame is no problem, but
    > I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
    > or how to get their content in to the frame.

    Then go back to them (who ever they me be) and ask over there. Surely they
    will know what they mean.

    Barbara de Zoete, Apr 30, 2005
  11. Travis Newbury <> wrote:

    > The other people seem to want their content in the frame, they did
    > give instructions for doing so.

    Too bad they gave wrong and incomprehensible instructions.
    This should ring a bell, but if it doesn't, shouldn't the OP
    ask the people who wrote the instructions to explain them,
    instead of asking the general public (that's us) to make guesses on
    that?

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Apr 30, 2005