content tag?

T.J.

Hi,
I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
else's content.

These are the instructions they have given me ,

"Note one of the quickest ways of incorporating this into your site is
by making a frame in your site (minimum width 475), and simply linking
our page into your frame, by using the _target attribute in your links.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
recieve an error. "

Could anyone give me a few ideas how to do this please.
Many thanks.

Sid Ismail

: I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
: else's content.

Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

Sid

Barbara de Zoete

Thank you,
that appears to show how to make frames, what I
want to know is how to get their content in to a frame?

Assuming the other party authorizes you to carry their content in one of
your frames, what you do is:
- set up a frameset,
- give the frame you want to display the third party page in, a useful
name,
- put a link in one of your own pages, to the page having the content,
- use the target attribute with that link to designate the page to the
proper frame in your frameset.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/present/frames.html#adef-target>

Travis Newbury

Sid said:
: I am trying to create a frame on a page to get someone
: else's content.
Go str8 to Jail. Do not collect $200.

The other people seem to want their content in the frame, they did give
instructions for doing so.

T.J.

David Dorward said:
The entire point of frames is to mix content from multiple URLs. You use
the
URL of their content.

... or you get them to provide there content in a format, such as RSS,
that
you can server parse and include directly, thus avoiding the many
http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?Problems_with_using_frames

I think I need to try to explain more about what I am trying to do.
I have to create a template page, within that template page I
have to have a section where their content goes, they then pull
my template and put their content in it.
The problem is they say I have to

"Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
recieve an error. "

Creating a frame is no problem, but
I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
or how to get their content in to the frame.

Barbara de Zoete

The problem is they say I have to

"Make sure you have a correctly formed [<-CONTENT->]
tag in your source. This is very important, as we cannot insert
our content unless this is done correctly, and you will
recieve an error. "

Creating a frame is no problem, but
I have no idea what they mean by [<-CONTENT->] tag
or how to get their content in to the frame.

Then go back to them (who ever they me be) and ask over there. Surely they
will know what they mean.

Jukka K. Korpela

Travis Newbury said:
The other people seem to want their content in the frame, they did
give instructions for doing so.

Too bad they gave wrong and incomprehensible instructions.
This should ring a bell, but if it doesn't, shouldn't the OP
ask the people who wrote the instructions to explain them,
instead of asking the general public (that's us) to make guesses on
that?