Content Type

hunt n peck

is there a manual way code the "ContentType" header property?

if i build an HTML page with <meta name="Content-Type"
content="application/vnd.ms-excel"> in the header the browser just loads
the contents as a web page.

I dont want to use the response object's ContentType property.

Cant it be dont manually in HTML?

what HTML does the ContentType property actually generate?

Kevin Spencer

The Response.ContentType property doesn't set any HTML. It sets a Response
Header. Not all Response Headers that are included in a Response are visible
in the page HTML. Many of them are there for the browser, and the browser
simply reads them.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
http://www.takempis.com
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

hunt n peck

Thanks.
Can I use an asp page to send both an html page AND a downloadable file to
the client all in one response?
Would I use HTTP headers to do that?

Kevin Spencer

I don't know the answer to that one. Never came across such a situation
before. Seems it might be possible with an attachment of some kind.