    scripts that I wish to write.

    What can I do to ensure that the name I give the control is the name it
    winds up rendering with?

    Scott M., Feb 1, 2008

  2. Hi Scott,

    As for the control name get changed issue you mentioned, it is actually due
    to the ASP.NET's NamingContainer which will mangle the actual ID of any sub
    controls inside it. ContentPlaceHolder is such a NamingContainer so that it
    will mangle the ID of sub controls in it(so as to avoid ID conflicting).

    In ASP.NET, you can use the "ClientID" of control to get the identity that
    will render at client-side. You can embed it in to your script.

    #How-to use ClientIDs in JavaScript without the ugliness
    http://blog.jagregory.com/2006/04/12/how-to-use-clientids-in-javascript-with
    out-the-ugliness

    #ASP.NET Client-Side Script FAQ

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    ications.

    --------------------
    >From: "Scott M." <>
    >Subject: ContentPlaceHolder Control Names
    >Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 21:57:43 -0500

    >I'm noticing that what using a MasterPage with a ContentPlaceHolder that

    the

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Feb 1, 2008

  3. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Thanks Steven. That's just what I was looking for.

    -Scott

    Scott M., Feb 1, 2008
  4. You're welcome :)

    Sincerely,

    Steven Cheng

    Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

    --------------------
    >From: "Scott M." <>

    <>
    >Subject: Re: ContentPlaceHolder Control Names
    >Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:18:13 -0500

    >Thanks Steven. That's just what I was looking for.
    >
    >-Scott
    >
    >"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi Scott,
    >>
    >> As for the control name get changed issue you mentioned, it is actually
    >> due
    >> to the ASP.NET's NamingContainer which will mangle the actual ID of any
    >> sub
    >> controls inside it. ContentPlaceHolder is such a NamingContainer so that
    >> it
    >> will mangle the ID of sub controls in it(so as to avoid ID conflicting).
    >>
    >> In ASP.NET, you can use the "ClientID" of control to get the identity

    that
    >> will render at client-side. You can embed it in to your script.
    >>
    >> #How-to use ClientIDs in JavaScript without the ugliness

    http://blog.jagregory.com/2006/04/12/how-to-use-clientids-in-javascript-with
    >> out-the-ugliness
    >>
    >> #ASP.NET Client-Side Script FAQ
    >> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/articles/20041016.asp