Contents does not show in Designer/Design

active

I'm new at this so I asked some dumb questions but I also had some real
problems and thanks to a few from this NG got them all solved except this
one.

I can modify my .aspx file to add and/or change controls and they show up OK
in the IE browser.

However, I can't use the designer to drag controls on to a page because the
entire page is grayed.

I have a .master file and understand that the part of the page should be
grayed as it is.

But the part that is the content never shows and that part is also grayed
out.

The .master is a table and the content goes into one cell.

A simple content page follows:

It shows ok in IE but not in Designer/Design

Any suggestions?

Thanks

%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" Title="Home |
History | Me" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Me.aspx.vb"
Inherits="History_Me" %>

<asp:content id="Content1" contentplaceholderid="Main" runat="server">

; font-family:Arial Black; color:Red ; text-align:center ;
font-size:x-large">

HISTORY of ME

<asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" Runat="server" width="900px" height="700px"
TextMode="MultiLine" Font-Size="X-Large" />

</asp:content>