Contents does not show in Designer/Design

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by active, Apr 7, 2007.

  1. active

    active Guest

    I'm new at this so I asked some dumb questions but I also had some real
    problems and thanks to a few from this NG got them all solved except this
    one.

    I can modify my .aspx file to add and/or change controls and they show up OK
    in the IE browser.

    However, I can't use the designer to drag controls on to a page because the
    entire page is grayed.

    I have a .master file and understand that the part of the page should be
    grayed as it is.

    But the part that is the content never shows and that part is also grayed
    out.

    The .master is a table and the content goes into one cell.

    A simple content page follows:

    It shows ok in IE but not in Designer/Design

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    %@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/Default.master" Title="Home |
    History | Me" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="Me.aspx.vb"
    Inherits="History_Me" %>

    <asp:content id="Content1" contentplaceholderid="Main" runat="server">

    ; font-family:Arial Black; color:Red ; text-align:center ;
    font-size:x-large">

    HISTORY of ME

    <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" Runat="server" width="900px" height="700px"
    TextMode="MultiLine" Font-Size="X-Large" />

    </asp:content>
    active, Apr 7, 2007