Context menus

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Paul F. Johnson, Oct 21, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I have a hacked up context menu at http://www.smmp.salford.ac.uk. If you
    click on a division name (e.g. Music) the menu changes to give information
    on the music division. Click again, and the broad menu re-appears.

    The menus are SSI files.

    The way I did this was to create 4 versions of the main index.html page.
    Obviously, I can't be doing this for every page, but it is something I
    need to do.

    What I'm after is a way for this menu system to propogate through each
    actual page (so say you click on the Music link and get the context menu,
    all the music pages have that context menu, but at the same time, can
    click on the Music link again to return to the original broad menu).

    Would I have to use some form of CGI to remember the menu in use and from
    there use another script to select the correct menu to #include and if
    this is the case, can someone point me in the right direction of how to do
    it? Or is there a better approach. I do not really want to use JS if I can
    get away with it.

    TTFN

    Paul
    Paul F. Johnson, Oct 21, 2003