Context.Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST") returns always localhost

Trapulo

I read Context.Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_HOST") from an asp.net page,
but I've the problem that it returns always "localhost". I've tried to call
the web site as
http://server/site (server as netbios over tcp, not dns... in this net there
isn't a dns )
http://ip/site

from a remote pc, but nothing. I read always localhost.

I've tried to stop default web site and create a new site pointing to my
application, but it is the same.

What can I do?
The server is W2K server.

On several other servers, I read the host name I use to connect to the
server ("server" or ip address on previus examples).

thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Trapulo,

Thanks for posting here. As for this issue, I found that it is a duplicated
one with another thread in the
in microsoft.public.inetserver.iis
newsgroup and another MSFT guy has replied you there. You may have a look
and feel free to follow up in that one. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security