Contiguous storage for <vector>

Dave Rahardja

Where is it specified that data storage for <vector> must be contiguous? i.e.,

Assuming v is a vector of some size,

&v[1] == &v[0] + 1;

-dr

Alf P. Steinbach

* Dave Rahardja:
Where is it specified that data storage for <vector> must be contiguous? i.e.,

Assuming v is a vector of some size,

&v[1] == &v[0] + 1;

§23.2.4/1 in C++2003, "The elements of a vector are stored contigously, ...".

Dave Rahardja

* Dave Rahardja:
Where is it specified that data storage for <vector> must be contiguous? i.e.,

Assuming v is a vector of some size,

&v[1] == &v[0] + 1;

§23.2.4/1 in C++2003, "The elements of a vector are stored contigously, ...".

What is this C++2003 you speak of?

-dr

Dave Rahardja

* Dave Rahardja:
Where is it specified that data storage for <vector> must be contiguous? i.e.,

Assuming v is a vector of some size,

§23.2.4/1 in C++2003, "The elements of a vector are stored contigously, ...".

What is this C++2003 you speak of?

Never mind! My copy of the Standard is obsolete. Duly updated.

-dr