    Any comparisons or tips?

    Kind Regards
    Emil

    Emil Sandin, Mar 4, 2008

  2. We're running Cruise Control on 10 vms that kick off our functional test
    suites the majority of which are using Watir. Did you have any specific
    questions? I also put together a quick blog post on setting one up from
    scratch:
    http://charleybakersblog.blogspot.com

    -Charley

    Charley Baker, Mar 5, 2008

  3. Emil Sandin

    Kyle Schmitt Guest

    Emil,
    I used to do this all the time at a .Net shop, funny enough, also
    in a slew of VMs.
    More or less, you can just set it to run as a test, after the build.
    Instead of relying
    on the exit codes (Oi I'm remember the pain of some of this now...) we
    had the watir
    test output an xml file, which was grabbed in the build report.

    I never used the CI Reporter in Ruby though.
    Charley, can that be used to report test status to say, the
    traditional Java CC, and CC.Net?

    --Kyle

    Kyle Schmitt, Mar 5, 2008
  4. Kyle,

    CI reporter outputs in the standard xUnit style xml file which can be
    picked up by any version of CC. We're actualy using the Java CC
    internally with dashboards, metrics, etc for both unit and functional
    tests.

    -Charley

    Charley Baker, Mar 5, 2008
  5. Emil Sandin

    Emil Sandin Guest

    Charley Baker wrote:
    > We're running Cruise Control on 10 vms that kick off our functional test
    > suites the majority of which are using Watir. Did you have any specific
    > questions? I also put together a quick blog post on setting one up from
    > scratch:
    > http://charleybakersblog.blogspot.com
    >
    > -Charley
    >
    > Emil Sandin wrote:
    >> Has anyone set up a Continous integration server running watir tests?
    >> Any comparisons or tips?
    >>
    >> Kind Regards
    >> Emil

    Not really any specific questions, I've never done it in any language,
    so any input is appreciated. I have already seen your blog about it, but
    haven't tried it out yet. But I definitely will.

    Emil Sandin, Mar 5, 2008