Continous integration and watir

Emil Sandin

Has anyone set up a Continous integration server running watir tests?
Any comparisons or tips?

Kind Regards
Emil

Charley Baker

We're running Cruise Control on 10 vms that kick off our functional test
suites the majority of which are using Watir. Did you have any specific
questions? I also put together a quick blog post on setting one up from
scratch:
http://charleybakersblog.blogspot.com

-Charley

Kyle Schmitt

Emil,
I used to do this all the time at a .Net shop, funny enough, also
in a slew of VMs.
More or less, you can just set it to run as a test, after the build.
Instead of relying
on the exit codes (Oi I'm remember the pain of some of this now...) we
had the watir
test output an xml file, which was grabbed in the build report.

I never used the CI Reporter in Ruby though.
Charley, can that be used to report test status to say, the
traditional Java CC, and CC.Net?

--Kyle

Charley Baker

Kyle,

CI reporter outputs in the standard xUnit style xml file which can be
picked up by any version of CC. We're actualy using the Java CC
internally with dashboards, metrics, etc for both unit and functional
tests.

-Charley

Emil Sandin

Charley said:
We're running Cruise Control on 10 vms that kick off our functional test
suites the majority of which are using Watir. Did you have any specific
questions? I also put together a quick blog post on setting one up from
scratch:
http://charleybakersblog.blogspot.com

-Charley

Not really any specific questions, I've never done it in any language,
so any input is appreciated. I have already seen your blog about it, but
haven't tried it out yet. But I definitely will.