Continued: Debugging a web service

Meena

Thanks a lot Chris! Here is my situation in detail.
I have already created a domain account and I have
configured mymachine.config (<processmodel>section) so
that ASP.NET process runs with that account. On my local
system where I have my web server and my asp.net web
service application , I have logged in as a local
administrator. Additionally , I have configured my domain
account to be part of Debugger Users group on my local
system( I could not do it on the domain controller as I
cannot see that group there. Is it because .NET is not
installed on my domain controller ?)

Next my IIS is configured for Integrated Windows
Authentication and No anonymous login. Since I am using
Windows mode of authentication in my machine.config , I
see that enabling anonymous access does not make my
ASP.NET process to work. I had a hard time to figure this
out.

So with this in place I am happliy runnning my ASP.nET
process fine , hotsing my asp.net webservice , reading
from a remote database and whenever I want to debug I
manually attach to the process aspnet_wp.exe.

Chris , can i retain all my settings this way ( in IIS and
machine.config ) and still make my debugging work ? I do
not understand why I am not able to debug when I am a
local adminisrtor and also the account running ASP.NET is
assigned to Debugger Users .

Thanks in advance ,

Meena