    It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
    Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?
    Thanks.
    Hussein B, Jul 29, 2008

  2. Hussein B wrote:

    > Hi.
    > Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
    > continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
    > don't support Python based application.
    > It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
    > Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?

    Hudson can, and AFAIK CC as well - they only invoke shell-scripts (at least
    hudson does, and CC you can convince doing that using ANT)

    So go ahead and use them - shouldn't be much (more) effort than for java
    projects.

    Diez
    Diez B. Roggisch, Jul 29, 2008

  3. Diez B. Roggisch <> wrote:
    >Hussein B wrote:
    >> Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
    >> continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
    >> don't support Python based application.
    >> It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
    >> Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?

    >Hudson can, and AFAIK CC as well - they only invoke shell-scripts (at least
    >hudson does, and CC you can convince doing that using ANT)

    You can definitely set up CruiseControl to handle Python, but don't
    ask me for details as it was a couple of years and a change of job
    ago. I seem to remember it being easier when CC was driving make,
    but we had makefiles in any case for building the extension modules
    needed -- writing a makefile from scratch might be a bit much.

    --
    \S -- -- http://www.chaos.org.uk/~sion/
    -- Arthur C. Clarke
    Sion Arrowsmith, Jul 29, 2008
  4. Hussein B

    Erik Ramfelt Guest

    Hi all

    Hudson supports arbitrary ant/shell/batch commands so it basically supports
    any development environment (as long as it can run java). I use(d) it to
    build, test, package, pylint my XBMC python script
    (http://hudson.ramfelt.se/job/XBMC TV). If you would like a guide on how
    to get going, check out my blog post about it
    http://redsolo.blogspot.com/2007/11/hudson-embraces-python.html

    Cheers
    //Erik

    Erik Ramfelt, Jul 29, 2008
  5. Hussein B

    BlueBird Guest

    On Jul 29, 4:56 pm, "Diez B. Roggisch" <> wrote:
    > Hussein B wrote:
    > > Hi.
    > > Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
    > > continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
    > > don't support Python based application.
    > > It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
    > > Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?

    > Hudson can, and AFAIK CC as well - they only invoke shell-scripts (at least
    > hudson does, and CC you can convince doing that using ANT)

    I have CC almost running here with python tests and there is no
    technical problem in front. You must package your test scripts so that
    they exit with something different than 0 in case of failure, and then
    just use the Exec runner of CC to run them.
    BlueBird, Jul 30, 2008
  6. Hussein B was kind enough to say:

    > Hi.
    > Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
    > continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
    > don't support Python based application.

    If you want, you can use ant as a build script, and then define the usual
    targets (build, dist, test), ecc. and then use xmlrunner to publish them in
    a junit-like format which can be read through cruisecontrol or other CI
    tools.

    --
    Alan Franzoni <>
    -
    Alan Franzoni, Jul 30, 2008
  7. Hello,

    Hussein B wrote:
    > Please correct my if I'm wrong but it seems to me that the major
    > continuous integration servers (Hudson, CruiseControl, TeamCity ..)
    > don't support Python based application.
    > It seems they mainly support Java, .NET and Ruby.
    > Can I use one of the previous listed servers for Python project?

    You can use TeamCity.

    Build and test your project with command-line runner and
    make sure you've installed modules for reporting
    tests to TeamCity.

    http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/TW/Python Unit Test Reporting

    --
    Leonid.