contract for name changing program

Stanley Braverman

I need a program that can remove a selected "-" as in
Children's-Nursery Rhymes - Three Little Kittens

to be able to select the first or second instance of a "-" from a directory
full of similer type file names.(ZIP)

More examples:
8213-01 - Gill, Vince - Take Your Memory With You

Would like to remove the first 2 instances of dashes and then take remaning
8213 01 and place at end of file so final should look like:
Gill, Vince - Take Your Memory With You 8213 01

next example:
Sava08-10 - Grand Tour, The - Jones, George TO
Sava08 10 Grand Tour, The - Jones, George THEN
Grand Tour, The - Jones, George Sava08 10 THEN SWITCH TO
Jones, George - Grand Tour, The Sava08 10
If able to supply program please contact me at:
(e-mail address removed)

TIA

Phlip

Stanley said:
I need a program that can remove a selected "-" as in
Children's-Nursery Rhymes - Three Little Kittens

to be able to select the first or second instance of a "-" from a directory
full of similer type file names.(ZIP)

More examples:
8213-01 - Gill, Vince - Take Your Memory With You

Would like to remove the first 2 instances of dashes and then take remaning
8213 01 and place at end of file so final should look like:
Gill, Vince - Take Your Memory With You 8213 01

next example:
Sava08-10 - Grand Tour, The - Jones, George TO
Sava08 10 Grand Tour, The - Jones, George THEN
Grand Tour, The - Jones, George Sava08 10 THEN SWITCH TO
Jones, George - Grand Tour, The Sava08 10

What you are asking for, you need a simple script, not a C++ program.
(Translation: We are as expensive as Mortons!)
If able to supply program please contact me at:
(e-mail address removed)

Google in your area for a users group for PC users, attend a meeting, and
ask for someone to write you a clever batch file or WScript thing. They
could write you it on their notebook on the spot. Then buy them a beer or
something.

Brian Keener

Sounds like you are manipulating electronic book names or MP3 file names and if
you are trying to do this in windows then what you need is MP3 Book Helper -
google for that and download - nice little program for manipulating file names
in windows.