Control assembly and designer problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Mark Aurit, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. Mark Aurit

    Mark Aurit Guest

    Hi
    Ive found a real nice class that inherits from DataGrid
    and adds a lot of functionality to it, enough so I want to
    use it in the app Ive mostly built. I took the class,
    changed the namespace, and compiled it into the namespace
    Im using. When I look in ildasm, I can see it with its
    properties, methods, etc.
    In the developers sample app use the @ Register directive
    in an aspx with a tagprefix, namespace, and assembly
    name. I do the same, changing the namespace, and get the
    red "Error Creating Control" in designer, with the
    description "Parser error: Unknown server tag with the
    tagprefix:assembly" Im using.
    Ive tried any number of things in my code and in sample
    code, and keep getting this. I looked at the ms support
    kb, but couldnt find any help. The error message seems
    pretty explanatory - but what could I be missing to make
    the tag visible in designer? What should I be looking at?
    Thanks a lot for your help, Mark

    Mark Aurit, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Hi Mark,

    Could you post the entire @Register directive you're using along with the
    ..aspx code and the full name of custom control? That would really help
    guessing what may be going wrong,

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET