Control container for AWT?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:14:59 -0800, avp wrote:

    > Is there any container in AWT compatable with Java 1.1 in which I can
    > dynamically place any number of controls and it automatically places scroll
    > bar for selecting ?

    java.awt.ScrollPane, it accepts one component, but that component
    can be a Panel with a GridLayout or FlowLayout.

    > any suggestions ???

    Read the GUI FAQ [1].
    Do the GUI/Layout tutorial at Sun (see links in GUI FAQ).
    Post GUI questions to c.l.j.g.[2].

    [1] <http://www.physci.org/guifaq.jsp>
    [2] <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Andrew Thompson

    avp Guest

    hi there
    Is there any container in AWT compatable with Java 1.1 in which I can
    dynamically place any number of controls and it automatically places scroll
    bar for selecting ?

    Currently I am working on a control interpreter in which you dynamically
    create the control using XML and it will place the control on the applet,
    for now only Label and Command is supported, i am looking for some way to
    put the scroll bars automatically, so that when control over flow the screen
    automatically scroll bar appears (since it does not happens with inheriting
    Applet) and user can scroll to select the control, is it possible or do i
    have to go in for all the math myself ?

    any suggestions ???

    avp, Jan 3, 2005