control designer woes

Paul

Hi all,

I'm desperately trying to build a tab control for our internal
corporate web sites.

I have it up and running fine in run-time mode. The problem I'm
encountering is trying to build a designer that would render some
semblance of the tab control's state at any given point.

The tab control (Called a TabStrip) is basically a container which
allows for 2 types of children:
TabStripButtons and TabPanels.

The TabStripButtons are essentially the tabs themselves, and the
panels are the tabpages. TabStripButtons can share TabPanels e.g. two
or more tab buttons could point to the same panel.

The TabStrip derives from Control, as does the TabStripButton. The
TabPanel is essentially just an ASP.NET Panel control.

The question is: If the Designer for the tabstrip control is derived
from ControlDesigner (which is read-only), how can I retain the
ReadWriteControlDesigner functionality for any child TabPanels added
into the TabPanel? (It currently doesn't work)

Basically, has anyone managed to combine a ReadWriteControlDesigner
with some kind of non-editable control content? I.E a Panel control
with a header and Footer section?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul