Control does not contain definition -- Multiple Frameworks on Same Machine Problem ?

billmiami2

I have a machine (XP PRO x64) with both the .NET 2.0 (v2.0.50727) and
1.1 (v1.1.4322) frameworks installed. I have both VS2005 and VS2003
running. I'm using Dennis Bauer's ASP.NET version switcher to set the
desired framework for specific web applications. I'm also running all
applications using 1.1 in a different application pool from those using
2.0. Everything seemed to be running fine until I opened an existing
application in VS2003 and tried to build it without making any changes.
I received errors for a few datagrids that were using the Caption
property as in

System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGrid does not contain a definition for
Caption.

I notice that intellisense in VS2003 on the dual framework machine is
not showing Caption to be a valid datagrid property. In contrast, I
looked at my other machine running VS2003/.NET 1.1 only and see that
there is no problem with this. Intellisense shows that Caption is
indeed a valid property for datagrids.

I checked the .NET version for each of the project references and they
seem to refer to v1.1.4322.

What am I forgetting? Why isn't the Caption property recognized on
the dual framework machine?

Bill E.
Hollywood, FL