    Any help or pointers very much appreciated

    thanks

    CG

    csgraham74, Mar 11, 2007

  2. csgraham74

    Mark Rae Guest

    "csgraham74" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > im attempting to setup a website to display sports results (soccer and
    > rugby). i want to make it as easy as possible for administrators to
    > perform weekly updates on the tables. I was wondring if anyone was
    > aware of a control or would have any source code on how to do this. im
    > coding in asp.net (vb).
    >
    > Any help or pointers very much appreciated

    If you mean something like this:
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=eng.1&cc=5739

    then all you need is two SQL Server tables (one for the teams, the other for
    the results), a stored procedure to do the summing and grouping, and a
    GridView to display the results.

    Obviously, if you want people to log in etc, then you would want some
    mechanism for validating their logins etc, but that would be the same for
    any secure site...

    Mark Rae, Mar 11, 2007

  3. csgraham74

    csgraham74 Guest

    thats exactly what im after - i just thought that it would be all a
    bit complicated. do you have any sample code on this ???

    thanks for you help

    CG

    csgraham74, Mar 26, 2007
  4. csgraham74

    > thats exactly what im after - i just thought that it would be all a
    > bit complicated. do you have any sample code on this ???

    No, sorry - but it really is a very simple task...

    Mark Rae, Mar 26, 2007