Control linking question ????

Guest

Dear all,

I have seen some example doing what they call "Control linking" in the
following manner :

<asp:Label id="lbl" Text=" <%# list.SelectedItem.Text %>" style="Z-INDEX:
102; LEFT: 32px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 72px" runat="server">

I am not catching the real benefit doing it in that way compare to doing it
by handling the list_SelectedIndexChanged event and update the label text
through the server control ?

thnaks for your explanation
regards
serge

Kevin Spencer

Less code.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
A watched clock never boils.

Guest

Is it the only reason?
Then I will say, much trouble because it can be asily change by mistake from
client side by any user compare to server control right ?