control mouse cursor remotely

Raydog

I am currently involved in a cutomer support application that need to use
java to
take over customers mouse cursor moving and clicking. will I be able to get
around
this without touching Java Native Interface ?

thanks so much
ran

Edwin Martin

Raydog said:
I am currently involved in a cutomer support application that need to use
java to
take over customers mouse cursor moving and clicking. will I be able to get
around
this without touching Java Native Interface ?

You should be able to do this with java.awt.Robot.

Edwin Martin

Paul

There is a low-level control component, java.util.Robot.
With it you can move the mouse pointer to pixel coords, click the mouse, and
press keys. It can get the pixel color of the mouse's location or a
screenshot, so it may be difficult to figure out where to go. It throws an
exception if it is not supported in the windowing environment, so you could
use JNI as a fallback. I have used it some to make a helper program to
navigate things that are repetitive.
--Paul