Control of CSS pseudo elements through a STYLE attribute in .NET framework

Kevin Frey

WebControl contains properties such as ControlStyle and Style for
controlling the style of a web-control.

In particular the Style property is a CssStyleCollection that simply
comprises key-value pairs.

However, I have been reading this:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-css-style-attr-20001025

which allows for style syntax to apply to pseudo-elements as follows (for
example):

<A href="blah" style="{ color:red } :hover { color: blue }"> ...

Is there any way to get this to function using the existing Style classes
available in .NET?

I'm only familiar with .NET 1.1, perhaps .NET 2.0 has extended this area?

It seems to me like CssStyleCollection really needs to be a collection of
triples rather than pairs (ie. pseudo-element, property, value).

Or the "key" needs to be separable into the pseudo-element and property
parts.

Does anyone have any experience in this?

Thanks

Kevin Frey