Control postioning

Guest

Hi
I been having a little problem on both a work and home projects. For work, I
have created a user control with a few textboxs and 2 dropdownlists, here is
the code:
border-left-style: solid; border-bottom-style: solid; height: 167px;">
Search Options</td>
<asp:DropDownList ID="cmbOptions" runat="server" Width="195px"
AutoPostBack="True">
<asp:ListItem Text="Search by PO ID" Value=0 Selected="True"
/>
</asp:DropDownList><br />
<asp:DropDownList ID="cmbFields" runat="server" Width="152px">
<asp:ListItem>RequestDate</asp:ListItem>
</asp:DropDownList><br />
<asp:Label ID="lblFrom" runat="server" Style="left: 291px; top:
78px"
Text="From"></asp:Label>
<asp:TextBox ID="txtFrom" runat="server" Width="89px"
style="left: 87px; top: 100px"></asp:TextBox><br />
<asp:Label ID="lblSearch" runat="server" Style="left: 20px;
position: static; top: 122px"
Text="To"></asp:Label>

<asp:TextBox ID="txtSearch" runat="server" Width="89px"
style="left: 88px; top: 124px"></asp:TextBox> <br />

<asp:Button ID="cmdSearch" runat="server" Text="Start Search"
Width="151px" style="left: 33px; top: 147px" /></td>
I shortened the lists for the dropdowns for this message.
I have given anough room on the right side of the bottom textbox, but
everytime the page loads, the textbox always end up one line down. I tried
using the "Absolutely position" property, but when the page loads, the
controls that where set that way end up in another potition on the page and
not within the table. None of the other settings seem to work either. Is
there a way to handle this so that the textbox stays where its suppose to?
Also, could it have something to do with all the &nbsp that gets inserted
when I use the spacebar to position the control? Thanks for any info and
suggestions.
Michael

Guest

Hi Again,
for the problem at work I have changed it so that each field in the search
box is in its own cell. This is working fine for now, but I would still like
some info on this topic if possible, because the project at home, not sure if
I can use the same solution. Thanks for any info.
Michael