Control Printer Queue On Windows 2000/XP

Discussion in 'Python' started by binarystar, Jun 30, 2005.

  1. binarystar

    binarystar Guest

    Hi folks,

    I am writing a script to print a few thousand pdf documents and I need
    to have some control over the number of jobs that are sent to the
    printer queue at time ... something along the lines of

    if number_jobs > MAX_JOBS:
    time.sleep(10)
    else:
    #Print More Files

    I have been investigating the win32print utility
    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.4/pywin32/win32print.html

    .... but can not see how to get print queue information eg the number of
    jobs pending .. atleast my attempts are failing

    any ideas??

    thx in advance

    **

    binarystar, Jun 30, 2005