Control process execution

Wesley Mesquita

Hi all,
I am trying to create a test environment to a couple C applications
(simple UDP and TCP server/clients), so I want to write this in python
and I m looking for ways to do it. Basically I need an execution timer
and timeout control (to kill the apps in certain situations). Looking
at google, I found the Pexpect package, but I m a little bit lost in
using it.

So, any good suggetions?

Thanks in advance.

Noah

I am trying to create a test environment to a couple C applications
(simple UDP and TCP server/clients), so I want to write this in python
and I m looking for ways to do it. Basically I need an execution timer
and timeout control (to kill the apps in certain situations). Looking
at google, I found the Pexpect package, but I m a little bit lost in
using it.

Pexpect might be good. But if you are just looking at running an
application
without talking to it interactively then you might be able to just get
by
with os.process.

Mike Driscoll

Pexpect might be good. But if you are just looking at running an
application
without talking to it interactively then you might be able to just get
by
with os.process.

As far as I know, there is no "os.process". Maybe you meant os.system
or the subprocess module?

Mike