    using it.

    So, any good suggetions?

    Thanks in advance.
    Wesley Mesquita, Apr 6, 2008

  2. Wesley Mesquita

    Noah Guest

    On Apr 6, 5:30 am, Wesley Mesquita <> wrote:
    > I am trying to create a test environment to a couple C applications
    > (simple UDP and TCP server/clients), so I want to write this in python
    > and I m looking for ways to do it. Basically I need an execution timer
    > and timeout control (to kill the apps in certain situations). Looking
    > at google, I found the Pexpect package, but I m a little bit lost in
    > using it.

    Pexpect might be good. But if you are just looking at running an
    application
    without talking to it interactively then you might be able to just get
    by
    with os.process.

    --
    Noah
    Noah, Apr 9, 2008

  3. On Apr 9, 3:11 pm, Noah <> wrote:
    > On Apr 6, 5:30 am, Wesley Mesquita <> wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to create a test environment to a couple C applications
    > > (simple UDP and TCP server/clients), so I want to write this in python
    > > and I m looking for ways to do it. Basically I need an execution timer
    > > and timeout control (to kill the apps in certain situations). Looking
    > > at google, I found the Pexpect package, but I m a little bit lost in
    > > using it.

    > Pexpect might be good. But if you are just looking at running an
    > application
    > without talking to it interactively then you might be able to just get
    > by
    > with os.process.
    >
    > --
    > Noah

    As far as I know, there is no "os.process". Maybe you meant os.system
    or the subprocess module?

    Mike
    Mike Driscoll, Apr 9, 2008
  4. Wesley Mesquita

    Noah Guest

    On Apr 9, 1:57 pm, Mike Driscoll <> wrote:
    > As far as I know, there is no "os.process". Maybe you meant os.system
    > or the subprocess module?
    >
    > Mike

    Yeah, I was thinking "subprocess" module.
    --
    Noah
    Noah, Apr 10, 2008