control question - calendar

Guest

I need to create a calendar application and i found a control called
eventCalendar from Quickwebsoft.com. Can anyone who has used this control
give me some feed back on it?
thanks
kes

Frankie

I have implemented it. I did a bunch of research about a year ago, and found
it to be the most complete calendar control available at that time. While I
was able to get it to do everything I needed/wanted, it was a bit tricky
trying to get it up and running because the documentation isn't very good
(although it has improved in the past year), and the object model seems
somewhat incomplete or unintuitive (both of these possibilities might be
mitigated by better documentation). My intention was to completely format
and load the control through code - with the absolute minimal declarative
syntax hard-coded into the aspx page. It appears that some property settings
are required to be set declaratively in the aspx page. Finally, their tech
support is only through e-mail (they are located in China). They are
generally responsive (I have usually gotten responses within a couple of
hours - depending on the time of day) and very helpful. I would recommend
the control; just allow extra time for a non trivial implementation - time
for corresponding with their tech support.

-HTH

Guest

thanks,
Is the control still up and running on a web site and do you know of any
other calendar controls, not date pickers? I asked them if they could give me
a reference list and they said that they follow a policy of strict
confidentiality. this normally means that they don't have any public sites
where the control is being used. My reason for asking here.
thank you again
kes