control to add <LINK> inside <HEAD>

Oleg Ogurok

Hi all,

I'm building a custom control, which has a separate .css file with its
stylesheet. I need to link to the stylesheet inside the page, e.g.:
<link rel="stylesheet" href="path/to/sheet.css" type="text/css">

I understand according to HTML standards, I can only add a <link> element
inside <HEAD>.
Is there a method similar to Page.RegisterStartupScript() that emits text
inside <HEAD> element rather than inside <BODY>?

Thanks,

Oleg.

webgenie

in WebForm1.aspx

<%@ Page Language="C#" Src="WebForm1.aspx.cs" %>
<head id="head1" runat="server"></head>

in WebForm1.aspx.cs

public class WebForm1 : System.Web.UI.Page {
//variable for <HEAD> tag.
//because of runat="server" attribute, <HEAD> tag become an instance of HtmlCotnainerControl class.
protected System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl head1;

private void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) {
//declare string variable for <LINK> tag to add inside of <HEAD> tag
string link = "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"url_of_your_css_file\">";
head1.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(link));
}
}//end of class WebForm1

Oleg Ogurok

Thanks, very impressive.
Is there a way to modify the standard ASPX template in VS.NET to generate this code each time a user adds an ASPX file to a project?

-Oleg.