control types

Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

brucie

Hi,
kissy

Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

selecting from 1000 options is in no way user friendly, break whatever
you're doing up into smaller parts. if you still get stuck with heaps of
options use normal links rather than a <select>.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, (e-mail address removed) quothed:
Hi,

Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

1000 is 10 X 10 X 10, meaning that if you have a menu with 10 items and
each of those items has 10 items and each of _those_ items has 10 items,
the menu would have 1000 options. This may be condensed after a
fashion, but it isn't very facile. I don't even like 2-stack-level
select menus with any major number of items.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dav=E9mon?=

Hi,

Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

What are these options?
can they be broken down into categories?

Is the user familiar with the content of the list?

(thinking of selecting typefaces in AI - there's about 2000 options in
there, but I just type the first few letters of the face I'm looking
for, and rarely have to scroll though them all, so it's easily manageable)

Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):
What are these options?
can they be broken down into categories?

yup, but i dont know how to do 2 controls who will change without reload.

Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):

(thinking of selecting typefaces in AI - there's about 2000 options in
there, but I just type the first few letters of the face I'm looking
for, and rarely have to scroll though them all, so it's easily manageable)

sound nice - could u tell me more about this way? (or just link) :)

?

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dav=E9mon?=

Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):

sound nice - could u tell me more about this way? (or just link) :)

It's software, www.adobe.com

The normal <select> tool works like that (try it! select the drop-down
then type what you're looking for), but it does depend on the browser.