    --
    bw,
    , Nov 10, 2005

  2. brucie Guest

    In post <news:g2mtyhlb2am8$.bqtgim680pri$>,
    said:

    > Hi,

    kissy

    > Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
    > about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

    selecting from 1000 options is in no way user friendly, break whatever
    you're doing up into smaller parts. if you still get stuck with heaps of
    options use normal links rather than a <select>.

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s
    brucie, Nov 10, 2005

  3. Neredbojias Guest

    With neither quill nor qualm, quothed:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
    > about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

    1000 is 10 X 10 X 10, meaning that if you have a menu with 10 items and
    each of those items has 10 items and each of _those_ items has 10 items,
    the menu would have 1000 options. This may be condensed after a
    fashion, but it isn't very facile. I don't even like 2-stack-level
    select menus with any major number of items.

    --
    Neredbojias
    Neredbojias, Nov 10, 2005
  4. wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
    > about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?

    What are these options?
    can they be broken down into categories?

    Is the user familiar with the content of the list?

    (thinking of selecting typefaces in AI - there's about 2000 options in
    there, but I just type the first few letters of the face I'm looking
    for, and rarely have to scroll though them all, so it's easily manageable)

    --

    Davémon
    http://www.nightsoil.co.uk
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dav=E9mon?=, Nov 10, 2005

    Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):

    > wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Im looking for a some 'control' like select but who could help to manage
    >> about 1000 options. I dont know even how :). Any idea?
    >>

    > What are these options?
    > can they be broken down into categories?

    yup, but i dont know how to do 2 controls who will change without reload.

    --
    bw,
    , Nov 10, 2005

    Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):

    > (thinking of selecting typefaces in AI - there's about 2000 options in
    > there, but I just type the first few letters of the face I'm looking
    > for, and rarely have to scroll though them all, so it's easily manageable)

    sound nice - could u tell me more about this way? (or just link) :)

    --
    pozdrawiam,
    , Nov 10, 2005
  7. wrote:
    > Dnia Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:04:29 +0000, Davémon napisa³(a):
    >

    >>(thinking of selecting typefaces in AI - there's about 2000 options in
    >>there, but I just type the first few letters of the face I'm looking
    >>for, and rarely have to scroll though them all, so it's easily manageable)

    > sound nice - could u tell me more about this way? (or just link) :)

    It's software, www.adobe.com

    The normal <select> tool works like that (try it! select the drop-down
    then type what you're looking for), but it does depend on the browser.

    --

    Davémon
    http://www.nightsoil.co.uk
    =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Dav=E9mon?=, Nov 11, 2005
  8. Toby Inkster Guest

    a wrote:

    > i dont know how to do 2 controls who will change without reload.

    AJAX, but have a server-side fallback.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Nov 12, 2005