Control, UDP and IE

Thierry Lefevre

Hi all,
I have written a control in c# which heard an UDP port on a network
broadcast address.
In the other hand, a server send periodically (every 500ms) some messages to
this broadcast address/port.

(1) if the control runs on a winform, there is no problem. It displays the
messages immediatly.
(2) if the control is placed on an aspx page, when the IE client show it,
the control is loaded but it does not receive (?!?) any message before 100
seconds !

What's the problem ? Does someone have an idea ?

If you want to try that, ask me for the project sources.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Thierry

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Thierry,
We might be confusing Client side vs Server Side here. Your control on an
aspx page that is processed and sent to the browser is now just HTML in the
browser. There is no further connection with the server -unless it's a
Windows Forms Rich Client type of userControl. (I'm guessing from your post
that's what it is).
So in essence you are saying that you have written your UserControl in such
a way that it maintains a constant UDP socket listening connection to the
broadcast address? Does it receive messages at all, or just doesn't receive
any messages UNTIL 100 seconds?
--Peter

Thierry Lefevre

Hi Peter,

Yes, my control maintains a constant UDP socket listening connection and
doesn't receive any messages until 100 seconds when it is processed in a
html page by IE.
If you want to try this test, I can send you my entire project (small). It's
written in c#.
Thank you.
Thierry