ControlBuilders and Templates

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Geoff Taylor, Nov 2, 2003.

  1. Geoff Taylor

    Geoff Taylor Guest

    Hi,

    How do I run a ControlBuilder inside a template?

    Say I have a tag derived from DataList. I want to be able to use the
    ControlBuilder to allow the page developer to use special tags. For
    example:

    <opgeek:Tasks runat="server" ...>
    <ItemTemplate>
    <TaskLink><Title/><TaskLink>
    Due: <b><DueDate/></b>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </opgeek:Tasks>

    I can happily use a ControlBuilder to interpret TaskLink, Title, etc. if
    they're inside a control of mine (I just set the
    ControlBuilderAttribute). But I can't figure out how to do it if the
    tags are within a template such as ItemTemplate.

    Any ideas?

    Geoff
    Geoff Taylor, Nov 2, 2003