ControlDesigner Question

JimM

I'm deriving a Designer from ControlDesigner. The control is working pretty
nicely now.

What I'd like to add is a verb response that will put the control into an
interactive design mode (where some of the properties can be modified a bit
more elegantly than with the Properties window.

I'm currently adding a Panel with three TextBox controls to the Custom
Control from within the Designer (right now it's added in Initialize, but I
get the same results adding it in GetDesignTimeHTML: the textboxes get
rendered on my control at design time, but I cannot interact with them (they
won't accept focus or typing). Obviously the design environment disables
that stuff.

How can I modify the base ControlDesigner to add a few server controls at
design-time that can be interacted with? Any ideas?? Thx.

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Jim,

Inherit your custom designer from ReadWriteControlDesigner, that will make
your child controls selectable and editable.

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET