ControlDesigner Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by JimM, Jan 22, 2004.

  1. JimM

    JimM Guest

    I'm deriving a Designer from ControlDesigner. The control is working pretty
    nicely now.

    What I'd like to add is a verb response that will put the control into an
    interactive design mode (where some of the properties can be modified a bit
    more elegantly than with the Properties window.

    I'm currently adding a Panel with three TextBox controls to the Custom
    Control from within the Designer (right now it's added in Initialize, but I
    get the same results adding it in GetDesignTimeHTML: the textboxes get
    rendered on my control at design time, but I cannot interact with them (they
    won't accept focus or typing). Obviously the design environment disables
    that stuff.

    I could pop up a WinForms window to do the edits but I'd rather do it inline
    within the contents of the custom control itself (similar to the way you can
    edit templates in the DataList control.

    How can I modify the base ControlDesigner to add a few server controls at
    design-time that can be interacted with at design time? Any ideas?? Thx.

    JimM, Jan 22, 2004