ControlDesigner Question

JimM

I'm deriving a Designer from ControlDesigner. The control is working pretty
nicely now.

What I'd like to add is a verb response that will put the control into an
interactive design mode (where some of the properties can be modified a bit
more elegantly than with the Properties window.

I'm currently adding a Panel with three TextBox controls to the Custom
Control from within the Designer (right now it's added in Initialize, but I
get the same results adding it in GetDesignTimeHTML: the textboxes get
rendered on my control at design time, but I cannot interact with them (they
won't accept focus or typing). Obviously the design environment disables
that stuff.

I could pop up a WinForms window to do the edits but I'd rather do it inline
within the contents of the custom control itself (similar to the way you can
edit templates in the DataList control.

How can I modify the base ControlDesigner to add a few server controls at
design-time that can be interacted with at design time? Any ideas?? Thx.