Controling the ALU

Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia

Hi

How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

Thanks!

Hola...

Como puedo controlar la ALU de un PC usando Pyhton?

Gracias!

--
Atentamente,

Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia
Presidente Comunidad Académica Microsoft Javeriana
Teléfono: 300 8169857
Cali - Colombia

Grant Edwards

How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.

Michael Spencer

Grant said:
The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.
Maybe:
7

Sorry ;-)

Michael

Bengt Richter

The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.
Unless "the" CPU is elsewhere and OP is talking about an ALU
on some circuit board/ICE thing that he
has an interface to that he didn't mention ;-)

Regards,
Bengt Richter

M.E.Farmer

Cesar said:
Hi

How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

Thanks!
Py>def PyAnswers(you)
.... your = you
.... If you want to control the ALU in the computer:
.... # maybe you can use assembler
.... pyasm
.... elif you want to control an external ALU:
.... # maybe with serial or parallel connection:
.... pyserial
.... pyparallel
.... elif you want to control the ALU in a PIC from the PIC:
.... # maybe try python assembler translater:
.... pyastra
.... else:
.... repost question with more content and detail.
Py> you = 'Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia'
Py> answer = PyAnswers(you)
Py> print answer

For further help please repost answer or the error message ;)
M.E.Farmer

Chris Smith

Cesar> Hi How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

Cesar> Thanks!

Cesar> Hola...

Cesar> Como puedo controlar la ALU de un PC usando Pyhton?

Cesar> Gracias!

Cesar> -- Atentamente,

Cesar> Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia Presidente Comunidad Académica
Cesar> Microsoft Javeriana Teléfono: 300 8169857 Cali - Colombia

For a loose value of 'using', you could do your numerically-intensive
work in C++, inline all the assembler necessary, and then fashion a
python module thereof using boost::python.
I wouldn't pretend to be capable of doing that at this very moment,
but if I had such a requirement, this would be my initial course.
Best,
Chris