    Presidente Comunidad Académica Microsoft Javeriana
    Teléfono: 300 8169857
    Cali - Colombia
    Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia, Mar 31, 2005

  2. On 2005-03-31, Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia <> wrote:

    > How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

    The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
    what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.

    --
    Grant Edwards grante Yow! VICARIOUSLY
    at experience some reason
    Grant Edwards, Mar 31, 2005

  3. Grant Edwards wrote:
    > On 2005-03-31, Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia <> wrote:
    >

    >>How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

    > The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
    > what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.

    Maybe:

    >>> from __builtin__ import int as ALU
    >>> ALU.__add__(3,4)

    7

    Sorry ;-)

    Michael
    Michael Spencer, Mar 31, 2005
  4. On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 20:42:30 -0000, Grant Edwards <> wrote:

    >On 2005-03-31, Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia <> wrote:
    >
    >> How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

    >The ALU is buried pretty deep in the CPU. The ALU is part of
    >what is actually executing the instructions that _are_ Python.

    Unless "the" CPU is elsewhere and OP is talking about an ALU
    on some circuit board/ICE thing that he
    has an interface to that he didn't mention ;-)

    Regards,
    Bengt Richter
    Bengt Richter, Apr 1, 2005
  5. Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia

    M.E.Farmer Guest

    Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?
    >
    > Thanks!

    Py>def PyAnswers(you)
    .... your = you
    .... If you want to control the ALU in the computer:
    .... # maybe you can use assembler
    .... pyasm
    .... elif you want to control an external ALU:
    .... # maybe with serial or parallel connection:
    .... pyserial
    .... pyparallel
    .... elif you want to control the ALU in a PIC from the PIC:
    .... # maybe try python assembler translater:
    .... pyastra
    .... else:
    .... repost question with more content and detail.
    Py> you = 'Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia'
    Py> answer = PyAnswers(you)
    Py> print answer

    For further help please repost answer or the error message ;)
    M.E.Farmer
    M.E.Farmer, Apr 1, 2005
  6. Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia

    Chris Smith Guest

    Cesar> Hi How can I control an ALU from a PC using Python?

    Cesar> Thanks!

    Cesar> Hola...

    Cesar> Como puedo controlar la ALU de un PC usando Pyhton?

    Cesar> Gracias!

    Cesar> -- Atentamente,

    Cesar> Cesar Andres Roldan Garcia Presidente Comunidad Académica
    Cesar> Microsoft Javeriana Teléfono: 300 8169857 Cali - Colombia

    For a loose value of 'using', you could do your numerically-intensive
    work in C++, inline all the assembler necessary, and then fashion a
    python module thereof using boost::python.
    I wouldn't pretend to be capable of doing that at this very moment,
    but if I had such a requirement, this would be my initial course.
    Best,
    Chris
    Chris Smith, Apr 2, 2005