Controlling Display of an asp:CheckBoxField in GridView

jliebman

All:

I have a simple grid view, defined thusly:

<asp:GridView ID="grdCO_Comments" runat="server" Width="755px"
BackColor="White" HorizontalAlign="Center"
Font-Bold="True" Font-Size="10pt"
AutoGenerateColumns="False" EmptyDataText="NO COMMENTS ON FILE" >
<HeaderStyle BackColor="Black" ForeColor="White"
Font-Bold="True" HorizontalAlign="Center" />
<Columns>
<asp:BoundField DataField="DATE" HeaderText="Date">
<ItemStyle Width="100px" />
</asp:BoundField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="UName" HeaderText = "User">
<ItemStyle Width="100px" />
</asp:BoundField>
<asp:CheckBoxField DataField="COM" HeaderText="ALL COM
RCVD">
<ItemStyle Width="40px" />
</asp:CheckBoxField>
<asp:CheckBoxField DataField="CUST FIN" HeaderText="ALL
FIN APP">
<ItemStyle Width="40px" />
</asp:CheckBoxField>
<asp:CheckBoxField DataField="BO SHIP" HeaderText="BO and
SHIP">
<ItemStyle Width="40px" />
</asp:CheckBoxField>
<asp:BoundField DataField="NOTES" HeaderText="Comment">
<ItemStyle Width="300px" />
</asp:BoundField>
<RowStyle HorizontalAlign="Left" VerticalAlign="Top" />
</asp:GridView>

The CheckBoxFields display checkboxes with DarkGray-on-LightGray
coloring, I suppose because they are disabled. I need to display the
checkboxes in Black-on-White coloring for ease of viewing. Can someone
help me with a solution?

TIA

Jory Liebman