Controlling text in a Text Area

leo

Hello Guys

I have this problem in controlling a text in a Text Area. How can I do
that, for example the field size is 200, when it reaches 50 it automatically
goes to the next line. Because im having problem when viewing text in my
report,
it continuesly views in a straight line.

Can you give me ASP code for that

Im Using Microsoft Frontpage 2002 and MS Access..

Please help..

PS: to Mr.Bob L., Thank you very much...

Leo

Evertjan.

leo wrote on 05 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
I have this problem in controlling a text in a Text Area. How can I do
that, for example the field size is 200, when it reaches 50 it
automatically goes to the next line. Because im having problem when
viewing text in my report,
it continuesly views in a straight line.

Can you give me ASP code for that

There are no textareas in ASP.

ASP is a platform for serverside code languages.

Please ask a clientside NG.

leo

Sir Evertjan

Im using MS Access as my database and Microsoft Frontpage 2002 as my working
environment, also Im using Classic ASP code. Sir this is exactly my problem,
when I insert a line of text (or string) in a table data (<td>) the text
prints continuesly

sample code

How can I control control the text, for example when it reaches 50 letters
it automatically prints to the next line?

Evertjan.

leo wrote on 06 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Im using MS Access as my database and Microsoft Frontpage 2002 as my
working environment, also Im using Classic ASP code. Sir this is
exactly my problem, when I insert a line of text (or string) in a
table data (<td>) the text prints continuesly

sample code

How can I control control the text, for example when it reaches 50
letters it automatically prints to the next line?

[Please do not toppost on usenet, Leo]

The above is not a "textarea" but a "table cell",
because "textarea" is something special in HTML.

in a table cell you can use CSS types to enforce nice linebreaking, but
again that is not serverside ASP, so please ask a clientside NG.

Putting a <br> every so-many chars could be done serverside or
clientside, but gives a terrible output with breaks in the middle of
words, like this:

Putting a <br
every 50 ch
ars could be