    Please help..

    PS: to Mr.Bob L., Thank you very much...

    Leo
    leo, Dec 5, 2005

  2. leo

    Evertjan. Guest

    leo wrote on 05 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > I have this problem in controlling a text in a Text Area. How can I do
    > that, for example the field size is 200, when it reaches 50 it
    > automatically goes to the next line. Because im having problem when
    > viewing text in my report,
    > it continuesly views in a straight line.
    >
    > Can you give me ASP code for that

    There are no textareas in ASP.

    ASP is a platform for serverside code languages.

    Please ask a clientside NG.

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.
    Evertjan., Dec 5, 2005

  3. leo

    leo Guest

    Sir Evertjan

    Im using MS Access as my database and Microsoft Frontpage 2002 as my working
    environment, also Im using Classic ASP code. Sir this is exactly my problem,
    when I insert a line of text (or string) in a table data (<td>) the text
    prints continuesly

    sample code

    How can I control control the text, for example when it reaches 50 letters
    it automatically prints to the next line?

    leo, Dec 6, 2005
  4. leo

    Evertjan. Guest

    leo wrote on 06 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    > "Evertjan." <> wrote in message
    >> leo wrote on 05 dec 2005 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >>
    >> > I have this problem in controlling a text in a Text Area. How can I
    >> > do that, for example the field size is 200, when it reaches 50 it
    >> > automatically goes to the next line. Because im having problem
    >> > when viewing text in my report,
    >> > it continuesly views in a straight line.
    >> >
    >> > Can you give me ASP code for that
    >> >

    >> There are no textareas in ASP.
    >>
    >> ASP is a platform for serverside code languages.
    >>
    >> Please ask a clientside NG.
    >>

    > Im using MS Access as my database and Microsoft Frontpage 2002 as my
    > working environment, also Im using Classic ASP code. Sir this is
    > exactly my problem, when I insert a line of text (or string) in a
    > table data (<td>) the text prints continuesly
    >
    > sample code

    > How can I control control the text, for example when it reaches 50
    > letters it automatically prints to the next line?

    [Please do not toppost on usenet, Leo]

    The above is not a "textarea" but a "table cell",
    because "textarea" is something special in HTML.

    in a table cell you can use CSS types to enforce nice linebreaking, but
    again that is not serverside ASP, so please ask a clientside NG.

    Putting a <br> every so-many chars could be done serverside or
    clientside, but gives a terrible output with breaks in the middle of
    words, like this:

    Putting a <br
    > every 50 ch

    ars could be