Controlling the scrollbar

Daniel

Hi there :)

I'm making a small site in Flash. It has floating menus and windows which
the user can drag to different areas of the screen. Therefore, I'd like to
be able to let the users with large screen resolutions benefit from the
extra browser screen space they have, while people with lower resolutions
can still use the site.

What I'm thinking of doing, is making my Flash stage very large, like what
would fit on a 2048x1536 screen, but let the menu starting point be top
middle, so that each user's space expands circularly from this point, like
this:

===========================_=X=
===============================
| http://blahblah |
===============================
| MENU |
| MENU |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
===============================

This means that the menu's center will be at the Flash stage's center, which
would be x==1024 px. Only thing is, if I just drop my Flash swf inside a div
in HTML, the default will be that the point 0,0 lies at the HTML page's 0,0
point, i.e. you'd have to center the horizontal scroll bar to get it to look
like the illustration above :)

How would I go about getting the browser to automatically center the HTML
page so that my menu inside Flash would stand in the horizontal middle like
in the illustration?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel :)