Controls lost their connection between Code behind and .aspx page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Elmo Watson, Sep 15, 2006.

  1. Elmo Watson

    Elmo Watson Guest

    VS.Net 2005 professional:

    When I built my website, I get a long list of errors (not in the error
    window, but in the Output window) concerning the declaration of several
    controls, like:

    C:\vss\Marketing\Main.aspx.vb(2275,0): error BC30451: Name 'ckCRM' is not
    declared. - it's only a handfull of controls - just 3 and all three are
    checkboxes.

    they point back to the code where I refer to the control - I checked to see
    if I may have accidentally deleted the controls, but they're all there on
    the ASPX page.

    I only get this when I try to build the website, or publish the website
    (which builds it first) - if I build the page, by itself, I get no errors. I
    also - completely shut down VS.Net 2005 and deleted all the temporary
    ASP.Net files. Also - when I run the site - the page, and all the supposedly
    non-declared controls work just great - just as they're supposed to do.

    I saw this in 1.1, but it shouldn't happen in 2.0....

    What's up?

    Elmo Watson, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Elmo Watson

    GMartin Guest

    The errors are erroneous. I get them too.

    GMartin, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Elmo Watson

    Elmo Watson Guest

    Yeah - but it won't successfully build and it won't successfully publish
    because of the problems.
    How can I fix it?

    Elmo Watson, Sep 15, 2006