controls not displayed properly on remote computer

blackbur

I have created an asp.net website that looks fine when I view it from my computer, but when I browse from another computer the controls are overlapping each other in some cases. In other cases the text in tables is wrapping onto itself. I don't understand because everything looks fine when viewed locally. Please help. Thanks, chris.

CMA

hi,

are you using any CSS file to format the GUI. if so, check the path of the
CSS. because if you put the link as http://localhost/... in the html tag..
it is correct when you call the page from your local computer. but
http://localhost/... is not defined when view the page from a remote
computer..

else send a descriptive question.

hope this helps,
CMA

chris blackbur said:
I have created an asp.net website that looks fine when I view it from my
computer, but when I browse from another computer the controls are
overlapping each other in some cases. In other cases the text in tables is
wrapping onto itself. I don't understand because everything looks fine when
viewed locally. Please help. Thanks, chris.
Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &
ASP.NET resources...

chris blackbur

Well I figured out what is causing the problem. This is only happening
on remote computers where the DPI Dots Per Inch of the display is set to
"Large size (120 DPI)" instead of "Normal size (96 DPI)". I am not sure
what to do about this. I would like the website to display correctly no
matter what the user has their dpi set to. Does anyone have a solution
to this? Thanks.

To reproduce dpi change:
Right Click on desktop, click properties, click settings, click
"advanced" near the bottom, click on the "general" tab, you should have
a combo box that allows you to change the dpi.