ControlState problems

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Hans Kesting, Jun 5, 2008.

  1. Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting Guest

    Hi,

    I am trying to make a Control that stores some values in
    "ControlState".
    But it seems as if LoadControlState is never called. Did I miss
    something?

    override OnInit to call Page.RegisterRequiresControlState(this);
    implemented "protected override object SaveControlState()"
    implemented "protected override void LoadControlState(object
    savedState)"

    In both SaveControlState and LoadControlState I have put breakpoints
    and Debug.WriteLine commands.
    The breakpoint in Save.. is hit and I see the Debug.WriteLine message
    appear in the Output window.
    The breakpoint in Load.. is never hit and I do NOT see any message.

    Any ideas?
    I'm using VS2008 and framework 3.5

    Hans Kesting

    Hans Kesting, Jun 5, 2008