Convenient way for Windows XP Internet Explorers to add my Javascript Bookmarklet?

Robert Oschler

In pre-Windows XP Internet Explorer, adding a bookmarklet for a user was
really simple. All I add to do was create a link that executed
addFavorite().

Internet Explorer under Windows XP won't allow that due to its new security
measures.

How can I make adding a bookmarklet convenient for my Windows XP IE users
without having them to do surgery on their security preferences?

Right now I'm having them Ctrl-D to add a new bookmark. Right-click the new
bookmark to get the Properties dialog, and then pasting in the contents of
my bookmarklet. This is quite messy as you can imagine. In addition, when
they save the bookmarklet, they have to hit "Yes" to an error box telling
them that "javascript:" does not have a registered program associated with
it, do they want to save the bookmark anyways? More messiness.

Is there a better way to get this done?

Thanks.

ASM

Robert said:
In pre-Windows XP Internet Explorer, adding a bookmarklet for a user was
really simple. All I add to do was create a link that executed
addFavorite().

Right now I'm having them Ctrl-D to add a new bookmark. Right-click the new
bookmark to get the Properties dialog, and then pasting in the contents of
my bookmarklet. This is quite messy as you can imagine.

Isn't it usual way in others browsers than IE ?
Is there a better way to get this done?

Let user do as he wants ?

(and delete your addFavortite() with anyway works only with some IEs )