    Is there a tool somewhere that can convert the source code of an awt
    application to swing?

    Chris

    Chris Berg, Aug 26, 2005

  2. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:28:46 +0200, Chris Berg wrote:

    > Is there a tool somewhere that can convert the source code of an awt
    > application to swing?

    c.l.j.gui is thataway ->
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#cljg>

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    "Come on boys, let's push it hard.."

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Chris Berg

    IchBin Guest

    Chris Berg wrote:
    > Is there a tool somewhere that can convert the source code of an awt
    > application to swing?
    >
    > Chris

    Do not know of a tool but here is nice article

    http://java.sys-con.com/read/36335.htm

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA http://weconsultants.servebeer.com

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Chris Berg

    Roedy Green Guest

    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Is there a tool somewhere that can convert the source code of an awt
    >application to swing?

    I have a student project outline for such a beast at
    http://mindprod.com/projects/swingizer.html

    You could cook something fairly mindless up.

    It would just a search/replace script to change the names of the AWT
    components to the corresponding Swing ones.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/swing.html

    The Swing equivalent of CheckBox is called a JCheckBox, a JRadioButton
    or a JToggleButton. Checkbox uses getState and setState, where
    JCheckBox uses isSelected and setSelected. You would have to make a
    manual decision whether to use JCheckBox, JRadioButton or
    JToggleButton.

    you also have the business of contentPane, which may no longer be
    necessary in 1.5.

    There would be not much point in converting to Swing unless you then
    used some of the fancy decoration features not available in AWT.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Aug 27, 2005