Convert a Base32 string to Base10 integer

Jon Paskett

I need to convert a Base32 string to Base10 integer. Cold Fusion does it
with InputBaseN. I need this same functionality in VB .Net so I can migrate
to ASP .Net. Please Help!

<!-- Example -->
<cfset B32string = "M75L67">
<cfset B10string = InputBaseN(B32string,32)>
<cfoutput>#B10string#</cfoutput> <!-- Renders 745723079 -->

Convert.ToInt32(B32String, 32) only works with numbers so I'm at a loss as
to how to proceed.

Jon

Nathan Sokalski

VB.NET does not have a built-in function to do this. If you expect to need
this functionality in many places, I would suggest writing your own function
for it. It is not a complicated function to write, and if you need help
creating it I will be happy to write it for you, I have written base
conversion functions before in other languages. Good Luck!