Convert a number to it name...

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ben Finney, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Ben Finney

    Ben Finney Guest

    On 29 Jul 2003 19:31:47 -0700, Mauro Baraldi wrote:
    > Someone can help how to convert a number to [words].

    Found on my first Google search:

    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/pynum2word/>

    --
    \ "Yesterday I told a chicken to cross the road. It said, 'What |
    `\ for?'" -- Steven Wright |

    Ben Finney, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Hello World !

    Someone can help how to convert a number to it name. Well I'll explain...

    11 -> leven.
    48 -> forty eight.

    Something like it.

    Thanks

    []s
    Mauro

    Mauro Baraldi, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Mauro Baraldi wrote:
    > Someone can help how to convert a number to it name. Well I'll explain...

    Ben suggested the pynum2word project, but you might also want to
    take a look at my 'number.py' that is part of Snakelets (as an
    example). It works with data files for over 70 languages.

    http://tinyurl.com/ikim

    Don't pay attention to the code style-- it's ugly as sin,
    because it is a straight port from some very old C code.

    --Irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Jul 31, 2003